* Miner's Summer Collection
Happy Good Friday - I am so jealous of everyone who gets to have this long weekend off, my only full day off will be Sunday this week, but at least I get to eat chocolate.
I was recently tagged by Laura from Laura's All Made Up Beauty, Nails, Fashion Blog to participate in the "The Beauty Blogger Tag" her blog is one of my favourites because she takes really lovely pictures and her writing style makes me really love reading her blog, so thank you for the tag Laura,
Why did you start blogging and how long have you been blogging for?
I started this little place on the web because I wanted somewhere to share the things I loved such as make up products and clothing that I was lusting over that moment in time, I had no idea how big the blogging world actually was.
I started my blog in February 2011 so it's been over three years now and my blog has grown in ways I would never have imagined, and I love writing here.
Whose blog did you fall in love with first?
I feel a little behind when I say this because I didn't really discover many blogs when I started blogging, I never realized how big of a community it was until I got out there and discovered new blogs, Rachel Crawfords blog "Life Of A Sweetaholic" was one of the first I loved reading and its quite ironic really because now that girl is my best friend, I was definitely inspired by many blogs when I first started and I'm still inspired now, I only discovered Zoella's blog about two years ago and I love hers.
What was the first blogosphere hyped about product that you bought? Was it worth the hype?
It was most likely the Models Own nail polishes, I knew nothing about them before I started this blog and they were a product I really wanted to buy, I'm still a big nail polish fan now, I think they were worth the hype because they have some gorgeous colours in the range, they have continued to amaze me with their new ideas and collections they release.
What are your five favourite things about blogging and being a Beauty Blogger?
1. Blogging about my favourite brands, I love nothing more than raving about the product I love most at the minute, I love hearing what people's thoughts are and what they too think of the product I have blogged about too.
2. Trying new products always a reason to go shopping and buy something when its on offer- when I see a product I love on another blog I am always so tempted to go out and buy it too, especially if it's a favourite brand of mine.
3. Being the first to learn about new releases, before the blogging world I used to find out about new product releases in magazines, but now I always find out via my favourite beauty blogs.
4. Getting the opportunity to test out products for review, this is a bonus with blogging and I never in a million years thought I'd have been sent anything to review when I started blogging, but I have had the opportunity to do this and it's always exciting when I get to trail so a brand I have never tried before.
5. Testing out new looks I would never have tried before - before I started blogging I was scared to try lipstick because I never thought I could pull it off, let alone the colour red - fast forward three years, I am now a proud owner of about roughly 30 lipsticks in an array of pinks, reds and oranges.
What have you learnt from being a Beauty Blogger?
How to choose the right products for you skin, I used to think many foundations did the same thing, I never knew there were specific types of foundation for different types of skin, I never knew primer existed and I definitely changed the way I applied my make up, I don't wear as much and I have learned new ways in which to apply my make up - I couldn't even shape my eyebrows properly two years ago.
Have you changed anything since becoming a Beauty Blogger?
Yes a lot has changed when it comes to applying make up, I use the right make up for my skin type, I use a moisturizer day and night, and I definitely wear less eyeliner and eye make up now, I also either wear lipsticks or lip balms on a daily basis now and I'm more confident in trying out something new.
What advice would you give to a Beauty Blogger just starting out?
1. Be honest - when your writing about a product honesty is the best policy, I want to read what others think about a product whether it is worth the hype or not.
2. Use big clear photos, not only do they make reading a post more visually interesting, I'm more likely to read a post that has clear photos so I can actually see what the product looks like in real life, think of ways you can make your photos look more interesting, add props, let your personality shine through your pictures.
3. Blog about the products you love not the ones you feel like you need to because everyone else is, I always love reading about a brand new brand I haven't discovered before instead of about 20 reviews on the same lipstick that's just come out.
4. This one also relates to the above- keep your posts unique - you want a reason for bloggers to visit your blog, think of ways you can incorporate your favourite products in monthly or weekly posts, review your top five, there are so many ways you can write a post.
5. Most importantly - write about what YOU want to write about, it's your blog, your place and you can write about whatever the hell you want.
What are your top 5 makeup brands